Saturday, December 31, 2011

31 Weeks

I'm a few days behind on this blog post...sorry! Today I'm 31 weeks and 4 days. It has been a few weeks since I've given you an update what the doctors are saying. So today I thought I would bring you up to speed. Nothing has changed over the last 5 weeks. My cervix is still the same and I haven't dilated anymore. During our ultrasound on Tuesday the babies looked  perfect! They continue to be very active and seem to be enjoying life in the womb. We still don't have a date set as to when I will deliver the twins. My doctor is taking things week by week. As he said today, things could change drastically in a matter of minutes. Daily, I pray that my water does not break. Since both babies have velamentous cord insertion, if my water were to break on its own it could be extremely dangerous for the babies. Velamentous cord insertion is extremely rare. What is even crazier is that both of my girls have it, which is almost unheard of. As I've mentioned before, my doctor has only had 5 patients with this issue and he has been practicing for a very long time! All of his past patients with VCI have had successful outcomes. It is better for the babies if we have a c-section scheduled, so they can arrive in a much more controlled setting. So please keep the prayers coming!!!!

Notice I have grown a lot since last week. So thankful!!

Jeremy wanted his 31 week picture taken too...ha ha!!

How Far Along: 31 Weeks
Size of baby: Two weeks ago they measured Avery at 2 lb. 11 oz. and Harper at 3 lb. 3 oz. My high risk doctor will measure them again next week.
Gender: Two precious girls...Harper Faith Kendle and Avery Ryan Kendle
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing my pj's.
Weight gain: 18 pounds total...I gained another pound!
Sleep: Still sleeping really well.
Symptoms: Having some round ligament pains. The nurse said it is because the twins are growing. Also, I have had a couple of braxton hicks (false contractions).
Cravings: No cravings!
Best moment this week: Jeremy has been off work the past two weeks. It has been so nice to spend time with him. He has been working his tail off getting last minute items for the babies and me. I'm so thankful that I have such a wonderful husband.
Pregnancy Highlights: 
This week, the babies are heading into a growth spurt. They can turn their head from side to side, and their arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath their skin. They are probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
(All information taken from babycenter.com)
****Baby Center is right on with their pregnancy highlights this week. Harper and Avery move A LOT and feel so much bigger than they did last week. It feels like they are having a party in there!
This week we received more wonderful gifts!
  • The Luellen family sent us some beautiful flowers for Christmas.
  • We received some cute onesie's from my friend Lindsay's boyfriend. Can't wait to see them on Harper and Avery. They were taken home before I had a chance to take a picture of them. You will see them on Harper and Avery soon.
  • My aunt Tammy sent another set of adorable bloomers. She is really good at finding them! These were also taken home before I could take a picture. Trust me they are ADORABLE!!
I wanted to end this post with a collage of my sweet puppies. It is really hard not loving on them everyday...I miss them so much!! Their world is about to be turned upside down when I come home.


Well that is it for this week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment