Thursday, December 22, 2011

Finally....30 Weeks

How Far Along:  30 Weeks
Size of baby: Tuesday they measured Avery at 2 lb. 11 oz. and Harper was 3 lb. 3 oz. We were so excited hear they have grown so much. They will be measured again in 2 weeks.
Gender: Two precious girls...Harper Faith Kendle and Avery Ryan Kendle
Maternity Clothes: Now I'm wearing PJ's and gowns since I'm on bed rest.
Weight gain: 17 pounds total...woo hoo!!! I'm finally putting on some weight.
Sleep: Believe it or not, I'm sleeping really well in the hospital.
Symptoms: None this week.
Cravings: No cravings right now.
Best moment this week: We had several wonderful moments this week...
  • My mom, mother-in-law and two of my sweet friends organized and decorated the nursery. Pics are posted below.
  • Jeremy's grandparents ordered the rocker for the nursery. It will look perfect in the nursery!
  • The babies are getting much bigger, which makes me extremely happy. The perinatologist said they both look great. Also, my cervix hasn't changed any...thank goodness!

  • We completed out education classes to get prepared for the babies. The education director here at the hospital is amazing!!! She showed/discussed what a c-section will be like, what to expect after the babies are born, baby care and we took a tour of the NICU. We really hope Harper and Avery will stay put for a while, so they won't have to visit the NICU. Here's a pic of what Jeremy thinks he will look like with Harper and Avery.
 
  • My mom's cousin gave us a bassinet. This weekend my dad will be bringing it down to us. It is so cute and I know we will get a lot of use out of it. Thank you Lindsay!


Pregnancy Highlights: A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds each baby, but that volume will decrease as they get bigger and take up more room in my uterus. Their eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after they are born, they'll keep their eyes closed for a good part of the day. When they do open them, they'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means they can only make out objects a few inches from their face.
(All information taken from babycenter.com)
I know that I have mentioned this a lot on our blog, but I want to say it again...we feel so blessed and fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends. Each day we constantly have friends and family asking what they can do for us. No doubt, this is a very exciting and challenging time in our life. I just want to say again...thank you!! It means more to us than I can even express to you. We feel the love from everyone and we know Harper and Avery will too. Please continue to pray for our little family of four.
Now onto the nursery. Whenever I found out we were expecting, I had a vision of what I would like the nursery to look like. I knew I didn't want to make it look like a traditional nursery, just classy and simple. I'm very pleased with how it has turned out so far. There are just a few things to finish up. The bedding is still being made. Hopefully it will be finished soon! Once it's finished I'll share some more pictures. I LOVE the way it turned out. As promised...here are some nursery pics.



Jeremy and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your families. We will be celebrating here in the hospital, but we are so excited my dad and brother will be coming to visit.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your cervix isn't changing....I'm also back in hospital!:(
    Praying fo sweet little ones to hold off!
    Merry christmas

    ReplyDelete