Monday, December 12, 2011

A milestone accomplished....28 weeks!!

I'm a week behind getting this post up. It is really hard to type on the computer laying down. Today, I set up a new little system and it seems to work much better. Tomorrow I'll put the 29 week post up. Jeremy and I are thrilled that we made it to 28 weeks! If they were born today, they would have a 90% survival rate and the risk of learning and physical disabilities decreases. Our next goal is 30 weeks....I feel confident we will make it.


How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of baby: At my appointment, the high risk doctor measured Avery at 2 lb. 3 oz. and Harper is 2 lb. 2 oz. He won't measure them every week. I'm so glad They have reached the 2 lb. mark.
Gender: Two precious girls...Harper Faith Kendle and Avery Ryan Kendle
Maternity Clothes: Now I'm wearing PJ's and gowns since I'm on bed rest.
Weight gain: 13 pounds total...I'm eating a lot and trying to pack on the pounds.
Sleep: Still love the body pillow!
Symptoms: None this week.
Cravings: Nothing in particular.
Best moment this week: We're able to see their little head and bottoms sticking up out of my belly. I must say it is strange to see, but really neat too. Jeremy loves to touch them when he sees it. He's pretty smitten over his little girls. 
Pregnancy Highlights: They can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With their eyesight developing, they may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. They are also developing billions of neurons in their brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. (All information taken from babycenter.com)
Last weekend my in-law's came in town to visit. While they were here my father-in-law finished painting the nursery and put up the second bed. My mother-in-law made the curtains for the nursery...they are adorable!! They are now hanging in the nursery as well. This weekend my mom and mother-in-law will be coming in town to get the nursery in order. Let me tell you it will be a lot of work!!! I've been busy making a to-do list for them. My main priority is getting the nursery in shape so that we can actually use it. Check out the curtains....




This past week I had lots of visitors, which I absolutely LOVE! We received some sweet cards, flowers and packages. We are so blessed and appreciate it more than words can describe. My aunt sent Harper and Avery some crib sheets and bloomers. They are adorable!



That is all I have for today! Promise I will get the 29 week post up quicker than I did this one.

Much love to all!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you have made it! Those milestones are soooo big. I had horrible day yesterday w contractions and had to take 3 doses of pain meds throughout the day! But it seems to hv done the trick. Tomorrow is my 30 week mark and I'll be glad to hit it!
    Glad you guys are still hanging in there! Prayers lifted for your family! Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear things are going well! Eat, eat, eat girl! Those drapes are so precious!

    ReplyDelete