Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Changes, Changes, Changes

Today I'm writing this post from a comfy and cozy hospital room....ha ha! Yesterday I went in for a routine appointment for my gestational diabetes test (I passed) and an ultrasound. During the ultrasound they discovered that my cervix has started to shorten. About 3 weeks ago it was 36 mm, yesterday it was approximately 17 mm. Due to this drastic change they admitted me into the hospital. Dr. H doesn't know if I will ever be able to go home on bedrest. I'm in hopes that I will if my cervix starts to settle down. Avery and Harper are doing really well!! Both of them had heart rates in the 150's and they are moving around a lot. They gave me a steroid shot yesterday to boost their development. Today I'm expected to get another one. Yesterday was really hard for me emotionally. I thought for sure I could work right up until they were born. Everything has gone so good so far, I thought for sure it would be smooth sailing from here. The nurse mentioned that several things could have played into this happening...the babies are growing, I'm a small framed person and I'm a teacher. Teaching is hard because it is stressful and I'm on my feet all day long!! Dr. H feels that if I'm in bed laying down that this will keep the babies baking as long as possible. Our goal is to make it to 37 weeks, which is about 11 more weeks. This will all be worth it once I'm holding Avery and Harper in my arms.

See pictures below of Avery and Harper yesterday. The nurse and I think they have the same profile. I cannot wait to see what they really look like.

Avery at 25 weeks 6 days. She weighs 1 lb. 9 oz.

Harper at 25 weeks 6 days. She weighs 1 lb. 7 oz.

1 comment: