Thursday, June 9, 2011

Texas Caviar

To celebrate the end of school, several teachers gathered at a friends house for happy hour. Of course we had to include food to celebreate the end of the year. I thought I would share what I brought....Texas Caviar. I know it doesn't sound so appetizing, but trust me it is wonderful. This is the recipe I found on Allrecipes.com
                                    

Ingredients

  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

In a large bowl, mix together onion, green bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cherry tomatoes, zesty Italian dressing, black beans, black-eyed peas and coriander. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours. Toss with desired amount of fresh cilantro to serve.

I served this dish with tortilla chips. Give it a try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment