Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lazy Day

Well we had another ice day today. Fortunately, we didn't get as much ice as the weather man predicted....yay! I woke up early this morning to check the weather and to see if we were having school. At 5:45 I decided I better get in gear and get ready for work. At that time my district still had not canceled. As I was getting ready to walk out the door I checked my cell phone. One of the lovely ladies on my team sent a text saying school was closed. Good thing I checked or I would've made it all the way to school wondering why no one was there, ha! I'm still blown away by this weather. We usually don't have this many ice or snow days in North Texas!! I'm dreaming of birds chirpping, flowers blooming and the grass turning green. Can you tell I'm ready for Spring?!?!

Today I chose to be lazy most of the day, just cuddling with my dogs and watching TV. Later in the afternoon I FINALLY decided to do something productive, so I went to the gym. Tonight it is suppose to be the coldest it has been in 15 years...WOW! Since it's so cold I decided to make one of our favorite meals...Taco Soup. It's a Weight Watchers recipe, so it's fairly healthy. Here's the receipe if you want to try it out.


What you need:
1 pd. ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 can of pinto beans
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing
1 can of chili beans
1 can of corn
1 can of Mexican style tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes
*side note: I usually add kidney beans or blackbeans as well

Brown your meat then drain it. Next let the meat simmer with the chopped onion. Mix the ranch dressing and taco seasoning in with the meat. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for an hour and enjoy!

Hopefully each of you have been able to stay warm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment