Monday, May 7, 2012

My story

***Blogpress would not cooperate and upload my photos. Sorry it's kind of boring without the photos.***


Today, I'm linking up with two of my favorite blogs In This Wonderful Life and Blessed With Two in an effort to connect with other MOMs (moms of multiples).

This is my story through infertility and becoming a mommy of twins. Five years ago Jeremy and I decided we would just take our time and try to have a baby. Little did we know, we got pregnant within a month. We were both in shock and couldn't believe it happen so quickly. Unfortunately, we lost our baby soon after finding out we were pregnant. For 10 more months we tried and tried and tried! Finally...we were pregnant again. Once again we lost our second baby. We were sad, frustrated and lost. It was so hard to understand....why us?!?!

So we moved onto another doctor that was a regular OB, but also specialized in infertility. After trying Clomid, having a laporoscopy/hysteracopy and countless tests we had to go visit a reproductive endocrinologist. I love the RE that we chose, Dr. Goldstein. He basically told us that in order for us to increase our chances of having our own child, we needed to do IVF.

In May of 2011, we started the process with all of the shots!! I felt very at ease the whole time. On June 13th Avery and Harper were transferred back into me. They were two perfect embryos!!!

On July 8th, we found out that both embryos implanted and we were having twins....wow!!! We felt so blessed and lucky to have our two miracles on the way.

After spending 76 days on bed rest, in the hospital, our beautiful baby girls were born. This is our first family photo shortly after birth, February 6th, 2012
We feel like our little family is now complete! Avery and Harper bring so much joy to our lives each day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Texas

4 comments:

  1. What a cool story! I was in the hospital for 63 days! I feel your pain! I'm Amanda one of the hostesses of the link up! Feel free to check out my blog. Www.thewilkersonway.blogspot.com. Hope you link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Twin girls are soooo much fun! Thanks for coming by and linkin up! Hope you come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so sweet! I love "meeting" other MoMs! I hope you are enjoying this ride as much as we have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures next time! Found your through the link up :)

    ReplyDelete